The organization’s mission is to “promote peace through mutual respect, understanding, and cooperation â€” one individual, one community at a time.”
Sister Cities International’s stated goals are to:
- – Develop municipal partnerships between U.S. cities, counties, and states and similar jurisdictions in other nations.
- – Provide opportunities for city officials and citizens to experience and explore other cultures through long-term community partnerships.
- – Create an atmosphere in which economic and community development can be implemented and strengthened.
- – Stimulate environments through which communities will creatively learn, work, and solve problems together through reciprocal cultural, educational, municipal, business, professional and technical exchanges and projects.
- – Collaborate with organizations in the United States and other countries which share similar goals.