Board members attending: Elise Ulferts-Hume, Cathy Seagren, Jodi Monk, Ellen Mumford, Jim Brown, David Nelson, Meg Schmidt
Board members absent: Geoff Vanderlin, Ray Schmidt
Members attending: Laura Brown
The meeting was called to order at 5:50 PM by President Ellen Mumford
- It was reported that it is not necessary to approve the agenda.
- The minutes of the May 21, 2019 meeting were approved: Cathy Seagren (motion), Meg
Schmidt (2nd), carried.
- Treasurer Jodi Monk reported that the checkbook balance on May 31, 2019 was $12,773.04; the Edward Jones balance was $5,591.21; and the total net worth was $18,364.25. It was reported that it is not necessary to approve the treasurer’s report. The report will be attached to the minutes for audit. David Nelson presented bills for $150.00 (Mcfalls, Berge & Associates- federal/state reports), $15.00 (IL Charitable Bureau Fund), $79.00 (office supplies & mailings). Reimbursements for ISCA Annual Conference; $49.00 to Cathy Seagren, $49.00 to Jim Brown, $98.00 to Ray & Meg Schmidt. No checks were presented. A motion was made to pay the bills presented: Meg Schmidt (motion), Cathy Seagren (2nd), carried.
- Member contact info sheet: David Nelson reported that 34 members have responded.
- Fundraising: Jim Brown, Ellen & Carl Mumford, Laura Brown, Cathy Seagren, Elise Ulferts-Hume, Jodi Monk will work the June 22, 2019 cookout. Cathy Seagren has a new health certificate. Meg Schmidt reported no follow up to a County Market cookout. Ellen Mumford has not yet contacted Mark Fromke in regards to an outdoor fundraiser at her home. Jim Brown will look into having a directional sign made to place at the corner of N. Galena Ave. & E. Bradshaw advertising future DSCA cookouts at Oliver’s. Ellen Mumford reported the possibility of DSCA having an informational table & gift basket raffle at the Dixon City Market.
- Summer Picnic: Tues. Aug. 27, 2019. Time & place yet to be determined.
- International Soccer Event-2020: Cathy Seagren reported that we may be called upon for support.
- Board vacancy: David Nelson reported that a new board member is needed to replace Sofia Rockwood who has recently stepped down. No action taken.
- German Committee: Ellen Mumford reported that Karin Jage and the Herzberg delegation will meet Wed. June 19, 2019 to finalize trip information (flights, interests, etc.). That information will then be forwarded to us. Elise Ulferts-Hume suggested we use the remainder of Harry Ulfert’s memorial fund to defray expenses incurred for the Herzberg visit. It was also suggested that we use funds from other accounts towards expenses for the visit.
- Kenya Committee: Cathy Seagren reported that the Ambassador of Nirobi is withdrawing all currency in circulation effective Oct. 1, 2019.
- Russia Committee: Ellen Mumford will ask Mayor Arellano to sign and send the prototype letter composed by David Nelson in regards to The First Russia/U.S. Municipal Forum to be held Oct. 10-12, 2019 in Lipetsk, Russia.
- Irish Committee: no report.
- The next meeting will be held July 16, 2019 at 5:45 PM at the Public Safety Building.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:10 PM: Elise Ulferts-Hume (motion), Meg Schmidt (2nd), carried.
James J. Brown