Board members attending: Ellen Mumford, Meg Schmidt, Ray Schmidt, Jim Brown, Geoff Vanderlin, Jodi Monk, David Nelson, Claudia Nelson, Cathy Seagren Board members absent: Elise Ulferts-Hume
Members attending: Laura Brown
The meeting was called to order at 5:45 PM by President Ellen Mumford
- The agenda was approved: David Nelson (motion), Geoff Vanderlin (2nd), carried.
- The minutes of the April 16, 2019 meeting were approved: Cathy Seagren (motion), Ray Schmidt (2nd), carried.
- Treasurer Jodi Monk reported that the checkbook balance on April 30, 2019 was $12,745.78; the Edward Jones balance was $5,591.21; and the total net worth was $18,336.99. A motion was made to approve the treasurer’s report as presented and attach it to the minutes for audit: Meg Schmidt (motion), Geoff Vanderlin (2nd), carried. David Nelson presented bills for $32.50 (Lyra program copies), $45.00 (Cimino’s-concert meals), $39.88 (office supplies). Cathy Seagren presented a bill for $10.00 (health certificate for cancelled April 27, 2019 cookout). Laura Brown presented a bill for $69.15 (Lyra lunches). A motion was made to pay the bills presented: Ray Schmidt (motion), Cathy Seagren (2nd), carried. David Nelson presented 1 donation check (Peggy Ulferts, $200.00) and (Bruce Keller, $20.00 cash). David Nelson will send Thank You notes.
- Lyra Concert: David Nelson reported that 60 people were in attendance and publicity was the same as in the past, $603.00 was taken in as an offering, and David Nelson was reimbursed $397.00 by St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
- Member contact info sheet: David Nelson reported that 35 letters were mailed out on Feb. 19, 2019 and 32 members have responded.
- ISCA Annual Conference: Cathy Seagren reported a small attendance and great entertainment.
- Fundraising: The April 27, 2019 cookout was cancelled due to inclement weather. Meg Schmidt contacted County Market in regards to a possible cookout there (no action taken). Jodi Monk confirmed fundraising efforts at Culver’s on Tues. Sept. 10, 2019 from 5:00-8:00 PM. She will follow up and confirm the date again. Ellen Mumford presented the idea of Mark Framke (of former Orum Restaurant) catering a by invitation dinner/auction as a fundraiser to be held at the home of Ellen & Carl Mumford.
- 403(b) report: David Nelson reported that we are currently in good standing with the IRS.
- Summer picnic: Tues. Aug. 27, 2019. Time & place to be determined.
- Penguin Project: Geoff Vanderlin announced the presentation of “Annie” Nov. 16-19, 2019 at Dixon High School.
- German Committee: Ellen Mumford reported that she had spoken to Mayor Arellano (prior to her departure to Florida), in regards to the Herzberg visit to Dixon. She will contact him again. A Herzberg visitor list has been presented, which may change numerous times. Ellen Mumford also stated that she would like to see a newsletter reinstated to promote DSCA and the Herzberg/Dixon relationship.
- Irish Committee: no report.
- Russia Committee: It was suggested that DSCA draft a letter to have Mayor Arellano sign and send in regards to The First Russia/U.S. Municipal Forum to be held Oct. 10-12, 2019 in Lipetsk, Russia.
- Kenya Committee: no report.
- The next meeting will be held June 18, 2019 at 5:45 PM at the Public Safety Building.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:12 PM: David Nelson (motion), Meg Schmidt (2nd), carried.
James J. Brown, Secretary